Posada Amazonas is a 30-bedroom rainforest lodge perfect for your first taste of the Amazon’s natural wonders.
Just a 45-minute boat ride from the town of Puerto Maldonado, this spacious lodge offers an excellent combination of convenience and comfort with outstanding opportunities to see Amazonian wildlife, all during a short break of as little as two nights.Quick Facts About Posada Amazonas
Posada Amazonas Lodge Amenities
- Raised Boardwalks - Five wings of 6 rooms connected by raised boardwalks.
- Private Bathrooms – All of the bathrooms at Posada Amazonas are private and have hot water.
- Wellness Center – Posada Amazonas contains a wellness and holistic center for massages and aromatherapy.
- Community Owned – Posada Amazonas is owned by the indigenous Ese-Eja community of Infierno and managed in partnership with Rainforest Expeditions, Posada Amazonas is located within the Ese-Eja’s communal reserve, next to the Tambopata National Reserve.
Electricity- A 110V generator is turned on once a day to recharge batteries for guests or lodge facilities. At night it is very dark, so we recommend good flashlights. Light is provided by numerous lamps and candles.
- Natural Construction – An airy lodge built from traditional materials such as wood, palm fronds and clay.
- Rooms – Each room is equiped with a private bathroom, and a common area including for dining. Bedrooms are separated from one another by light cane fencing. Rooms are private but not soundproof.
Classic and Superior Rooms:
- Classic Rooms
Rooms overlooking tropical rainforest allow guests to enjoy this unique ecosystem, even during their down time. Wild monkeys and birds are often visible from our signature windowless verandah, which also provides excellent ventilation. The rooms are built with local materials such as wood, bamboo, adobe and palm leaf.
Rooms are double or triples, as requested. Each bed is equipped with its own mosquito net. Each room has a spacious private bathroom with hot water.
Numerous kerosene lamps and candles provide the lighting. Electricity and internet are available only in the common areas of the lodge.
- Superior Rooms
Superior 45-m2 rooms overlooking the tropical rain forest. The fascinating sounds and colors of the forest are important elements of the experience during your stay in our Superior rooms. The entire decoration is based on Yanchama, a natural bark that is “harvested” by artisans from Eseeja community of Infierno.
The rooms are single, double or twin, as requested, Each one is equipped with a bed, a mosquito net, two hypoallergenic pillows per person, a hammock and a reading table.
Rooms have spacious private bathrooms with hot water. Electric lighting is available in the evenings until 10:00 pm, at your bedside table, your bathroom and an outlet to charge your electronics. Free Internet is available in every room.
Each visitor has access to a personal safe-deposit box, an umbrella for rain and a special set of eco-friendly amenities.
Communication – Posada Amazonas is in daily contact with our offices in Puerto Maldonado and Lima via internet, satellite phone and hf radio.
Mosquito Nets - All rooms have mosquito nets on beds, bedside tables and a rack of clothes hangers.
Jungle Views - Bedrooms open out onto the surrounding rainforest, allowing guests to enjoy this unique ecosystem even on their downtime, with wild animals, including monkeys, often visible from the lodge.
Hot Water - Showers have hot water
Add a bit of extra comfort and quality to your Amazon experience by staying in one of our premium rooms. We are offering one of these excellent new rooms at Refugio Amazonas for guests who prefer to upgrade their stay in the Peruvian Amazon. These rooms also add comfort with a big luxurious bed, hypoallergenic pillows, ceiling fans, electricity, and other fine amenities in the middle of the jungle.
- Premium Rooms
Other amenities include:
- Hardwood Floors - A large, beautiful room with varnished, tropical hardwood floors.
- Large Bathrooms - Large bathrooms that feature showers with tempered glass, and hot water 24 hours a day.
- Ceiling Fan - A ceiling fan for a bit of extra comfort in an already well ventilated room.
- Electricity - Electricity in the middle of the Amazon rainforest until 10 PM every night.
- Decor - Beautiful, authentic Amazonian décor crafted by local Ese-Eja artisans.
- Wireless internet - service to share the images of your adventure with friends and family from the privacy and comfort of your room.
- Refrigerator - Small refrigerator and mini bar.
- Amenities - Amenities such as comfortable flippers and binoculars for watching wildlife from the verandah.
- Huge Bed - A big luxurious bed with hypoallergenic pillows and comfortable sheets.
- Desk - A reading table to jot down notes about your Amazon adventure.
- Power Outlets - Electrical outlets for recharging those essential devices.
- Safe - Safe deposit box.
- Comfortable - A comfortable place to relax and email images from an exciting morning at the canopy tower, night hikes, and other adventurous jungle activities.
Posada Amazonas Activities
- Canopy Tower – Our 30 meter scaffolding canopy tower gives you spectacular views of the vast expanses of standing forest and the Tambopata River. You will have good chances of spotting toucans, parrots or macaws
- Lake - We will paddle around the Tres Chimbadas on a catamaran, looking for the resident family of Giant River Otters and wildlife such a hoatzin, caiman or horned screamers
- Cultural Activities – Visit an ethnobotanical trail, and a working farm.
- Extra Activities- Community Visits, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Canopy Climbing, Wellness Center
Posada Amazonas Wildlife
Despite being relatively close to Puerto Maldonado, the Posada Amazonas offers ample opportunities to see wildlife and experience the Amazon’s rich ecosystem at firsthand, including:
Monkeys such as:
You can also see wildlife such as:
- Saddle Backed Tamarins
- Squirrel Monkeys
- Brown Capuchin Monkeys
- Red Howler Monkeys
- Dusky Titi Monkeys
- Parrots at a clay lick.
- Parrots from the canopy tower
- Giant River Otters
- Caymans and capybaras on the river banks
Meals at Posada Amazonas Lodge
We provide self-serve three course meals at Posada Amazonas. Meals consist of soup or appetizers, salad, main course, and desserts combining Peruvian and international cuisine. All fresh fruits and salads are thoroughly disinfected before serving. We also provide at all times unlimited amounts of boiled, filtered, cooled drinking water, coffee or tea and we provide fruit juices during the meals. If any visitor has special dietary requirements, we are happy to make individual arrangements, but please notify us. Click here to see our menu: Our Rainforest Recipes
How To Get To Posada Amazonas
To get to Posada Amazonas you must fly to Puerto Maldonado from Lima or Cusco on daily commercial flights lasting 45 or 90 minutes respectively. From the airport you are transported by bus to the Infierno River Port where you board our boats for a forty five minute trip to Posada Amazonas. Posada Amazonas is located a few minutes walk from the river bank.
This program is for those looking for a flair of the Amazon basin in 3 nights. Walk to the huge kapok tree in the vicinity of the lodge and visit a farm within the Native Community of Infierno.
Price Per Person
|Double Classic:||$ 616|
|Single Classic:||$ 854|
|Superior Double:||$ 767|
|Superior Single:||$ 1042|
|Premium Double:||$ 901|
|Premium Single:||$ 1277|
This program is for those looking for a short introductory stay in the Amazon basin for 2 nights. Visit an ethnobotanical center and an oxbow lake, among other activities.
Price Per Person
|Double Classic:||$ 432|
|Single Classic:||$ 570|
|Superior Double:||$ 532|
|Superior Single:||$ 715|
|Premium Double:||$ 622|
|Premium Single:||$ 872|| |
Book An Amazon Jungle Tour