Here at Rainforest Expeditions, we are deeply committed to sustainability. Sustainability is at the core of our company and we try to reduce our footprint wherever we can:
- We use water and energy efficiency systems
- We use local building materials
- We work and partner with the local community
- We protect and conserve the forest in the Tambopata National Reserve through various initiatives and our eco-tourism company
However, generating some carbon emissions is inevitable, so what we can’t reduce, we offset.
We are proud to announce that our three lodges are the first carbon neutral lodges in the Tambopata National Reserve. Our operations are now 100% carbon neutral. This includes:
- Day to day operations at all three lodges
- Our offices in Puerto Maldonado
- Transportation of all permanent staff
This is thanks to our partnership with Regenera. Regenera is an innovative footprint management service that measures our carbon footprint and offsets it through local carbon sequestration and avoided deforestation actions, and transfers 60% of revenues to local communities who have agreed to protect forests.
We are currently working with Nature Services Peru (the folks that created Regenera) to create an option for our guests to offset their own travel emissions.
We know that climate change threatens the natural environment and we want to do everything we can to protect it. Together – we believe we can safeguard our beautiful rainforest for many generations to come.